About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

10 March 2012

Nepalese Restaurants

There are lots of Nepalese restaurants in Helsinki, and I am surprised I didn't see them last time round (especially as two of them are next to the hotel I stayed at last time). I went to Mt Everest, which was closest to me, and I would highly recommend it if you are in Helsinki.

The food itself is not very different to North Indian food I have had before; though I am not sure what I was expecting to be different! The specific dish wasn't hot but did have a great combination of spices and tasted really good. Also on the plus side, the meals included both naan and rice, something most Indian restaurants I have been to, charge extra for.

Spiced Nepali Coffee was not as rich as I had been told by some, but definitely a different (quite sweet, with different spices, I think I tasted cinnamon and nutmeg) to traditional coffee.

No comments: