About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

08 March 2012

Cathedral of our Lady

One of the largest gothic cathedrals in the world, its spire seems to be the tallest construction in Antwerp. Given that it has some of the best paintings of Ruben on show, I decided to go in here instead of Ruben-house. There was no one else interested in the English guided walk, so I got that a personal tour as a bonus; focusing on some of the history (mostly impacted by the numerous wars) and a brief crash course in art-history. There are some magnificent art pieces, such as marble statues with fantastic level of detail and off course the paintings (not only Ruben, but also other Belgian masters).

No comments: