About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

05 March 2012

Flying First

Given the large expanses of the US, first class on airlines is something that seems to be aspired towards. It is more luxurious than South African domestic or European continental business class but not as good as most international business class. So, First isn't really comparable :)

Flying back from Seattle, I decided to upgrade to find out what the fuss was about, especially as the cost to upgrade isn't much (it certainly isn't as much as buying the ticket from scratch). The perks, are free food and drinks, free headphones (which I don't need), apparently more entertainment and quite good seats. Unfortunately, the WiFi wasn't included :( I think you also get more bags to check in for free. Virgin America is also a great airline, economy or otherwise, and definitely one of the best short haul carriers I have flown.

No comments: