About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

23 March 2014

Final thoughts on Istanbul

Istanbul has been one of my "places to go" for a log time, and I think 4 nights has been enough to just scratch the surface. It is a massive metropolis, and we effectively explored parts of 2 suburbs. The entire Asian side, yes with lesser tourist attractions, was just a pass through.

It is an interesting city, with a lot of busy energy. It is clean, and public transport is effective. Most people are friendly and it's generally a great atmosphere.

I would like to come back, but I would not stay in Sultanahmet or even really visit the area. There are many other experiences to have - but as an introduction to Istanbul, this was great!

No comments: