About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

26 March 2014

Internet access in Turkey

I was quite impressed with the speed and wide availability of Internet at the hotels. All of them provided free wifi as part of their service, and even in remote Behramkale, the speeds were great. Given the proximity to Europe, the speeds were not surprising, but the ubiquity was.

I am not a great user of Twitter, but I did notice the switch off. On Thursday evening it was working fine, but from Friday morning it was off. There was no error message - it seemed that the DNS queries were simply blocked. I did not try too hard to circumvent - I wasn't that interested; but it seems from news reports that it was easy to circumvent.

No comments: