About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

22 February 2012

Movie: Drive

The original version of the game, Driver was, in my opinion one of the best driving games of its time. The opening scene of the movie reminded me of the game; the police chases, the hiding from the cops and even the countdown to the finish line!

Sadly, apart from a few more car chases, the movie is excruciatingly slow and overly artistic. Ryan Gosling plays the driver, part time stuntman, part time getaway driver who gets set up with a dud job while trying to help a friend. The entire movie could have been 45 minutes if all the arty slow motion effects and the long shots of nothing are taken out; and it would be a better movie too.

No comments: