About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

24 February 2012

Golden Gate Park

Bigger than New York's Central Park, it's a damn log walk from one end to the other. Unlike Manhattan, San Francisco has a lot of parks, but even then the Golden Gate park was busy, and most people seemed to be locals.

There are a number of additional attractions within the park, though apart from the AIDS memorial, I didn't enter. The park was busy with the usual joggers and cyclists, as well as the homeless and numerous drug dealers (I was offered marijuana at least 5 times, though all before the entrance to the AIDS memorial grove). I also came across a drumming circle, featuring a cross section of the San Francisco populous.

The park ends at the Pacific ocean, and getting back to town was a bit of a challenge (more due to a lack of signage more than anything else, the number 5 bus is fairly close by).

No comments: