About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

22 December 2007

Pisco

A few months ago, Peru had a massive earthquake, centred around Pisco. The aftermath of the earthquake are still visible: most of the town features broken buildings and reconstruction seems to be the major focus. I did not spend much time here, wanted a bus to Nazca, for which I was told I have to go to the town of Ica, about an hour and half away by bus. So off I went.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah - the legendary Pisco, source of the infamous bottle of Pisco sours that, until recently, sat on the kitchen table at the digs. One is supposed to drink it mixed with raw egg, copious quantities of lemon juice and a couple of other ingredients, which I forget - it's actually pretty good! Al, if you happen to pass through Pisco again be sure to pick up a bottle!