About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

17 December 2007

And so it begins ...

I am currently posting this from the OR Tambo International Airport, previously known as Johannesburg International Airport (and previous to that, known as Jan Smuts International Airport). In about an hour, I will board my plane for Sao Paulo, and start my South American adventure.

Lee had convinced me to try traveling through Bolivia, and I changed my plans accordingly. Unfortunately, the Bolivian embassy could not process my visa even though the consul gave me her assurances that she had the time to do so. So, I have reverted my plans back to the original one, which has its good and bad .... good that I may have the chance to do the Inca trail (if there are free spots), and cover more of Peru. Bad in that the flight between Sao Paulo and Lima is quite expensive, so has dented my budget a bit.

Keep an eye on the blog for updates ... and don't expect too many email replies!

No comments: