About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

16 December 2007

Barcelona

First impressions: Barcelona was a concrete jungle. Apart from the odd children's playgrounds, it was just concrete everywhere. Even the trees that lined up next to some of the trees were basically planted in holes on the concrete pavements. That said, Barcelona has some really amazing architecture, and is a very vibrant city, full of life.


My time in Barcelona was pretty short ... a matter of fly in, attend conference, fly out. So after my paper presentation, I decided to skip the last session of the day and try to see a bit of Barcelona.


Apart from the Bodies exhibition, I did not enter any of the major sights ... but Barcelona is an amazing city, and even if it is a concrete jungle, it is a beautiful city with a blend of Gothic, renaissance and modern architecture. And there is greenery ... just not in the main part of the city :p I would definitely like to come back to Barcelona!


Oh, the northern part of Barcelona (near the Royal Palace and the venue of my conference) was actually very green ...

No comments: