About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

12 August 2012

Sun City

I have always wondered why Sun City was seen as a holiday destination, but despite driving past a number of times, I have never bothered to find out. So yesterday morning, I went to find out ...

There is a definite theme park vibe, from the gaudy decorations, to the architecture. And while I see the attraction of the Valley of the Waves, the rest of the non hotel areas was rather barren in things to actually do.

As a hotel while going to an evening show, or for a game drive at Pilanesberg, it makes sense; but purely as a holiday destination?

No comments: