About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

13 August 2012

Mogwase

A stone's throw from one of Pilanesberg's gates, and slightly further from Sun City, are probably the only claims to fame for Mogwase. The B & B (Mogwase Guest House) we stayed at was friendly (with a bit of a quirky architecture) and economical - but there isn't much going for the town itself. 

But what was interesting to observe, is the gulf between South Africa's big cities and towns and smaller towns with regards to security. I didn't spot a single electric fence (other than at Pilanesberg), fences were demarcation of property and not prison walls, gates (if present) were welcoming and not foreboding and doors seemed to be kept unlocked. 

Why the difference? I don't know ...

No comments: