About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

03 March 2012

American Train Ride

I have ridden in light rail/metro rails in all the American cities I have visited, but for the first time I took a proper train, to visit a friend in San Jose. The Caltrain goes through the many well known towns of Silicon Valley, though I didn't spot any of their offices by the track.

It is almost a step back in time in some respects; the trains run on Diesel and not electric, the stations have a certain colonial charm and it just doesn't seem to be as efficient as the European rail network (running 10 minutes late, even after leaving San Francisco on time, further enhanced this perception).

No comments: