About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

06 August 2007

Zero Knowledge Proofs

How do you convincingly prove a statement, without revealing anything else about that statement? Example, how do I prove that I am at work, without revealing where I work, who I work for etc. Zero knowledge proofs are very interesting, particularly in authentication protocols. Anyway, came across this paper which is a very cool, fairy tale explanation of zero knowledge proofs.

2 comments:

phathu said...

Very interesting Al, maybe you can have a weekly release of some tech/academic/proof etc stuff on your blog...

alapan said...

hmm ... could do that. have got two posts in a row on academics now though!