About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

07 August 2007

Accomodation in Berlin

To paraphrase, due to poplar demand, pics of the flat I am staying in Berlin. It is a studio flat in southern Berlin, and overall, I would say that it is at most as big as the lounge in the Oaklands house in Rondebosch, where I stayed for the past 6 months.

Google map of the area, centred on the block of flats: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=52.421182,13.459893&spn=0.0046,0.009978&z=17


The block of flats, from the outside. Almost every flat in the block seems from the outside as the same. Every balcony is a flat.


A fountain in front of the building.


Entry into the flat; kitchen and bathroom



The bedroom/main room. No, my room is not always this clean ...

The view from the balcony. The road in front is the boundary between the Brandenburg and Berlin states. The Berlin wall ran along the road, and it is quite interesting to see how much land around the wall has not been redeveloped. Not sure what the land in front of the building is used for ... looks like farmland though.

No comments: