About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

05 May 2008

Movie: Deathproof

This movie came out last year, while I was in Germany; and I only got round to seeing it this past weekend. It is a Quentin Tarantino movie, filmed in old 70's and 80's style, featuring old American muscle cars, set in the backwater towns of America, in the modern day - about a psyco stuntman who has a thing for killing beautiful women in car crashes.

The psycho, Stuntman Mike, played by Kurt Russel, is not really developed as a character - but instead each of the women characters are developed in great detail. While, there does not seem to be much of a story - it is a brilliant movie about some really impressive stuntwork (apparently no CGI was involved).

No comments: