About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

09 January 2008

Huanchaco


Huanchaco is a small fishing town near Trujillo, my first stop after Huaraz. After arriving at 6am in Trujillo on an overnight bus from Huaraz, the three of us (Asher, Daniel and myself) decided to spend most of the day on the beach before taking the next bus out - around 2 pm for Daniel who was going to go straight to Tarapoto and then Iquitos and 3 pm for Asher and myself as we were going to make a short stopover in Chachapoyas before carrying on to Tarapoto and Iquitos. It is a picturesque town, but definitely nothing amazing. We met a surfer girl, Kath, from Sydney who was equally unimpressed by the beach. The best part of the day was definitely lunch - we had the "national" dish - ceviche (also spelled cebiche) which is raw fish marinated in lime juice ... a bit like pickled fish I suppose ... but really really tasty. We bought it in a small restaurant on the side streets of the town - which in the end was a great idea as, by the time we left, it was full of locals!

No comments: