About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

29 May 2007

Movie: Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Stanley Kubrick aparently said that this movie was unfilmable. I have never read the book, but if the movie is a true reflection of the book - it must be an amazing novel. The story explores the story of a man (from his birth), who has an extraordinary sense of smell - a super power, almost. And with that, he aims to become a perfumer - to capture the smells of the world. The story is dark, but in it's brilliant, and I really want to read the novel now.

No comments: