About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

28 October 2005

Drugs are nice

No I haven't gone off my mind - just the title of a book. On Wired this past week, there was a link to a personal essay by a certain Lisa Carver. The essay was on her experiences of being a teenage prostitute, and unlike many moralistic, "I have sinned but I am now good" pieces, she confesses to have actually enjoyed being a prostitute and treats the job as any other. If nothing else, the change in perspective is refreshing enough - and the essay is a very interesting read. As for the title of the post - the essay is an extract from her book titled "Drugs are nice". I am contemplating on buying it ... just seeing the reaction of some people will be worth it ...

No comments: