About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

27 July 2013

Movie: The Great Gatsby

The movie has been out for over 2 months now - and I was quite surprised that there are theatres that are still showing it. I started reading the book a few weeks ago, but for various reasons I just haven't progressed to the finish.

The movie seems to be a very close adaptation of the book - but I did find the movie portrayal to be a far more elaborate and over the top - and perhaps captures the flamboyance and grandeur far better than I imagined while reading the book. And thus, it really is a great adaptation of a classic story.

No comments: