About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

27 January 2013

Plateklip Gorge

It is one of the most popular routes to walk to the top of Table Mountain, though certainly not the easiest. I haven't been up for over a year, so I specifically flew into Cape Town early enough to do so.

It was not the best day to do the hike; with a strong wind blowing. The wind would become the struggle, higher up the walk, with it feeling like I was in the midst of a storm about 2/3rds of the way up. There was even a cool vortex at the mouth of the gorge!

Ironically, right at the top of the gorge, it was perfectly calm. Table Mountain however was eerily quiet, with not a person in sight (the cable cars weren't running). With the table-cloth bearing down, there wasn't much of a view; but it was still spectacular.







No comments: