About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

09 February 2010

Four Seasons

Vanessa Mae playing Vivaldi's four seasons was my first real introduction to western classical music; and it is still one of my favourite pieces. Sunday evening featured a chamber concert with Vivaldi's Four Seasons in the first half, and Piazolla's Four Seasons (inspired buy Vivaldi) in the second half. I am not too sure I like the Piazolla version, although the Bandoneon is an interesting instrument (and was put to really great effect in the very first piece of the evening - Piazolla's Buenos Aires Hora Cero).

No comments: