About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

22 November 2009

Not so unfit after all ...

Lion's Head in Cape Town has always been a short hike up, and a good inidcation of fitness for me. A few years ago, I could easily do the trip up in under 45 minutes, without breaking in to much sweat. I decided that before I left Cape Town this afternoon, I should do the hike. I haven't been to the top for at least 2 and a half years, probably last time being just before I left for Germany for my internships.

Fearing a much longer trip, I got a very early start. The weather in CT was truning - and a there was a fairly thick cloud cover over the mountains, although the cloud over Lion's Head cleared well before I reached the top. I was fairly surprised that I managed to get to the top in under 60 minutes, although not as effortlessly as in previous attempts. The sun was still low on the horizon, and the clouds were still swirling around, and as CT awoke, it was a pretty amazing sight from the top!

I wish I had my camera along.

No comments: