About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

27 November 2009

4 Years to Close a Call

This morning, I was suprised to get a notification that a call I had logged as a student was closed ... almost 4 years after the fact! I appreciate that they follow up I suppose, but it does raise the issue of why the call was not labelled as abandoned or closed much earlier.


Your call reference number 00416274 as described below has been closed and
we trust that the call was resolved to your satisfaction. Should this not
be the case and you need follow up on it , please quote the reference
number 00416274 to the Helpdesk so that we can re-open the call.


Call Information:
-------------------------
Calltype: Bandwidth Access: Bandwidth Access
Date: 2006-06-06 10:14:50
Abbreviated Call Description:
...

Regards

IT Helpdesk
Information & Communication Technology Services (ICTS)
University of Cape Town
Tel: (021) 650-4500

2 comments:

Unknown said...

:D Was it closed to your satisfaction? You should let them know - wouldn't want their KPIs to take a hit...

Unknown said...

I also received a whole whack of ICTS emails like that, some of them from 2005. So dodgy.