About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

19 November 2008

Movie: Body of Lies

I am not sure what the whole point of the movie was - there is a CIA agent in the middle east, who is very good at what he does; his interfering boss who sometimes does more harm than good and a terrorist cell similar to Al Qaeda. Somewhere in this, there is also th eobligatory love story.

There is lot of things this movie could have done. Instead, it is a slow, meandering walk through nothingness. Yes, the Americans are shown as arrogant, uncaring and selfish - yet the good guys still win! This is not a Syrianna, or even a Bourne type of spectacle and intrigue. It is, in my opinion, utter rubbish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed it, although I'm not entirely sure if it was trying to say anything. But the atmosphere and setting was great, and the acting was good.