About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

30 May 2008

Central Pretoria


I first visited central Pretoria about three weeks ago, when I had to go to the Pretoria High Court for a work related issue (can't really talk too much about the specifics). I thought it was beautiful, and I went back to explore it in a bit more detail.


The first thing that struck me was how much many more people seem to enjoy Pretoria - there were children playing, people having picnics etc. And the old buildings are beautiful, and you can even go inside the Ou Radsaal, which used to be the old parliament of the South African Republic (ZAR) before the Anglo-Boer war, and now is the city council offices - very lavish offices at that.

No comments: