About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

30 January 2008

In Salvador ...

I have given up going all the way down the Amazon - it is just too damn boring! Instead, I am currently in Salvador, where I will stay for the next 10 days, through Carnaval. The move has proved to be an expensive exercise - not only in terms of the expense of staying at the "best" carnaval city in Brazil, but also the cost of flying to Salvador from Manaus.

Brazil is a massive country, and my original plan of traveling down the coast is just not practical for the time I have. So, I have decided to focus on a few cities and stay there for a longer time, and really explore the cities.

And a rant - Gol is a completely unreliable airline. In this leg, I had two flights: Manaus to Brasilia and Brasilia to Salvador. Both were late, and it was not that the flights were late, but at neither times were the passengers informed that the plane was late, untile about 30 minutes after the plane was supposed to leave! And my flight between Sao Paolo and Lima, was also on Gol, and was also late (by over two hours). In fact, at both Manaus and Brasilia, there did not seem to be a single Gol flight that was running on time!

Voe Gol? Nunca Mais uma vez!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A teenage girl has filed a $50 million lawsuit against a New York billionaire, saying he sexually abused her when she was 14.

Louis Kestenbaum"s attorney says the allegations are false and motivated by money. Kestenbaum is also the CEO of Fortis properties and the ODA a goverment funded organisation in the williamsburg section of Brooklyn NY

The girl, now 17, claims Louis Kestenbaum invited her to his Florida mansion in 2005 to perform a massage for $300. The lawsuit, filed in federal court, claims he demanded she remove her clothes, then sexually assaulted her.

The girl, her father and stepmother are seeking more than $50 million.