About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

24 May 2007

Movie: Spiderman 3

Take one hero, who is going through a "I am the best, the greatest" etc phase. Take an alien "molecule" with a mind of it's own. Take a criminal with a concience. Take a self centered guy who just hates our hero's alter ego. Take the son of the hero's fallen nemesis, who wants revenge. I think we have enough for a good dose of action ... but wait, throw in a love triangle, some self loathing, some other girls going for the heros charms.

In the end, there is too much - it becomes boring, long winded and a bit too preachy. I can see why many people didn't like the movie, and I am with them - there isn't much to see. There was just too much hype and not enough substance.

No comments: