About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

24 December 2015

Dinosaurs at Kirstenbosch


Although I have been to Kirstenbosch a number of times, it has always been for anything but the gardens themselves - a few concerts, a party or at the tail end of a hike. M wanted to visit the fragrance garden, and thus for the first time I actually visited the garden for its own sake.

Being the height of summer, there weren't a lot of flowers - but the garden is still very scenic, and peaceful. Aside from an owl (which blended in to the trees remarkably well), the highlight for me was the dinosaurs in the cycad garden. 

There was the majestic, in the form of a T-Rex and a few other large ones; but it is the small ones hidden in corners that made me smile - and it's a fun addition to the gardens.




No comments: