About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

25 May 2014

Last Night of the Proms

Richard Cock's annual colourful spectacle in support of Lifeline, had the theme of "Movie Blockbusters" this year. There were some great musical pieces, with Ennio Morricone's Gabriel's Oboe from The Mission was my personal favorite. The song selection was somewhat dated - but still generally well known. 

The sold out shows are a testament that classical music does have an audience in Johannesburg. The shows also help two of my assertions on what the JPO should be doing - more well known pieces; and having shows on the weekend.

No comments: