About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

12 June 2012

Global Peace Index

The Economist has a short article on the "Global Peace Index". Surveyed across 150+ countries, it tallies up a number of factors including murder rates, assault, war etc. South Africa, as it can be expected with our high crime rates does not score as very peaceful - but it doesn't mean that we are less peaceful than other developing countries; with our rating category being the same as countries like India, Mexico, Kenya and Thailand. It is equally interesting to see what countries are considered to be peaceful - with most of Europe and Canada scoring particularly well.

The full range of factors can be viewed on this interactive site.

1 comment:

Skylark said...

I really loved reading this blog (not just the one post) keep up the good work! One thing you could benefit from would be to identify the demographic you're trying to achieve and making small adjustments accordingly. Just a thought :)

I am just a teenager in a world of colours. Please follow my blog :)

lifeandotheruselesscommodities.blogspot.com.au/