About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

29 April 2012

Movie: The Iron Lady

It's easy for me to review The Iron Lady in one word: Unfulfilled. Unlike other recent biopics, such as The Queen or The King's Speech, The Iron Lady, offers a lot of snippets but very rarely the full story. While Margaret Thatcher's character as an uncompromising, principled politician is well portrayed by an excellent performance by Meryl Streep, the interweaving stories are too short and sometimes too abrupt. I found it unfocused, and as a biography too simple.

No comments: