About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

24 April 2012

Movie: The Hunger Games

Jennifer Lawrence reprises a role similar to her role in Winter Bone - the teenage heroine, overcoming the odds, doing the dirty work when needed, to protect her younger siblings. The Hunger Games though is a much more interesting story, really well constructed, and well paced. And it is the story that makes this movie great - the acting is quite good - but the story is impressive. I am not sure how true it is to the book; but like The Game of Thrones, the screen adaptation has made me want to read the book.

No comments: