About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

07 April 2012

Gautrain to the game

The success of public transport can be measured not only how well it works during working hours, but also how useful it is for leisure activities. It is in the latter, that Gautrain is quite lacking. After all the train stops at 8:30pm, when clubs etc are still thinking about opening!

This afternoon, I decided to go watch the Bulls play the Crusaders at Loftus in this weekend's Super Rugby matches. The train was quite full, so I was not the only one with the same idea.

Hatfield, the closest station, is still quite a distance from the stadium (about 20 minutes walk). I noticed that this is the same for Supersport Park. So a simple suggestion; have some auxiliary transport arrangements during big events; matches concerts etc; and then the value of the train becomes so much more!

No comments: