About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

21 September 2008

Whackjobs

Part of the Arts Alive initiative, Whackjobs was a one off stand up comedy show at the Bassline in Newton (on Saturday night). Hosted by the very politically incorrect John Vlismas; it was definitely one of the best stand-up comedy gigs I have been to.

The best part of stand up, is the freshness - comics can make jokes about what has happened in the recent past. And this weekend's political turmoils were exploited by most of the comedians. The variety was also impressive - and Alyn Adams' musical parodies was one of the more unique acts of the week.

No comments: