About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

01 January 2017

Notre Dame de la Salette



According to my Lonely Planet, the chapel for the Notre Dame de la Salette, was built in 1859 as a plea for protection against a cholera epidemic. This is however the church, and not the chapel (I didn't know of the story or the existence of the chapel when stopping). The church itself is quite plain, including its interior. The elegant simplicity, is however quite endearing.


One of the few ornaments, is the stained glass window above the main door, which overlooks the roadway leading to the sea. It's quite a view.

No comments: