About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

09 February 2008

Salvador to Brasilia

The longest bus journey I have every been on - just a bit over 24 hours! And to boot, the route was hardly scenic. Brasilia, the capital of Brazil is on a plateau of sorts - similar to highveld in South Africa, but just not as high. It is a very fertile area, and thus the only scenery was agriculture and what is left of the original vegetation. The stops were interesting, but to be honest, the bus journeys in Peru we more pleasurable - there was no TV or music on this bus, and the only "comfort" apart from the toilet (which I did not use) was mineral water (which ran out, half way through).

No comments: