About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

10 February 2008

Foie Gras

I decided on the spur of the moment to treat myself to a meal in a "good" restaurant, and this particular restaurant, Carpe Diem, had Foie Gras as a pate in one of the main courses. Having read much about it (mostly the controversies) but never having had it, I decided to try it out. It is certainly no nectar of the gods, and although quite delicious when compared to other liver dishes, I frankly do not understand the fuss. Maybe I just don't have the refined palette required to enjoy such a delicacy ....

No comments: