About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

15 February 2008

Rio Beaches

Copacabana. Ipanema. The names are just as famous as the beaches themselves. The actual beaches are rather disappointing - yes they have beautiful scenery, and the beaches are big - over 6 Km in combined length. But the water is a bit on the cold side (though not as cold as Cape Town) and quite dirty and polluted. Personally, sitting on the beach doing nothing has never been appealing to me, so on that bias, the beaches in Rio are nothing to sing and dance about ...

No comments: