About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

26 December 2016

Driving in Reunion and Google Maps

Reunion, like France, drives on the right. The rest of our stay in Reunion is across a number of villages/towns, with the first stop in the picturesque village of Hell Bourg. The drive up the mountains followed a twisted road from the main highway that circles the island, with amazing scenery of the mountains with many water falls along the escarpment.

But it first means getting out of St Denis, and its many one way streets - and a big fail for Google Maps, which managed to get every one way street wrong. Luckily, I had walked around the area enough to know enough of the streets - but relying on Google Maps is certainly dangerous.

No comments: