About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

17 September 2013

The best form of defence is active defence

Over the past couple of years, Dave and I have had numerous discussions on various legal concepts around IT. As a noted privacy expert, and a IT professor at UNISA, the topics have been varied, and often straying to the esoteric.

Over the weekend, Dave and I recorded a podcast with Tony Olivier for the DiscussIT Pubcast on IT Security, covering the concept of active defence/hacking back. Dave and I previously presented the topic at a closed forum? And thought it would make it interesting to make it available to a wider audience. Tony is an excellent host, and managed to steer the discussion to additional points we had previously not covered. The podcast is a bit rough - it picks up a bit of the ambient noise, and is mostly unedited so all the umms and stutters are included for special effect :)

No comments: