About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

19 July 2008

Mabula Private Game Lodge

We are coming close to the final portion of our current project at work - so the team management decided that people needed to get away from the work environment (of a million distractions) and uprooted about 40 people to a private game lodge about 200 Km away from Midrand.

Even though I have spent most of my life in Africa, I have never stayed overnight in a game lodge (or similar). It was not really what I was expecting - I have stayed overnight in a jungle in Peru - and this experience was a lot quieter. And although, we saw birds and a warthog in the lodge area itself, it was rather devoid of animals.

The reserve is quite big (20 000 hectares) and we did go on a game drive in the evening of the second day. Unfortunately no lions or leopards were spotted, but we did see 2 of the big 5 (buffaloes and rhinos) as well as other animals such as giraffes, zebras and numerous types of antelopes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lodge Mabula Estate is situated on a nine hole Gary Player designed golf course on the banks of the Sabie River in Hazyview, Mpumalanga province. The resort offers guests a tranquil and peaceful haven away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Kruger Park Lodge’s rates are also very competitive for a four star lodge, and one can choose between a two bedroom, three bedroom and four bedroom chalet.