About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

30 April 2015

Movie: Avengers: Age of Ultron

I suppose that it was inevitable - that the villain the Avengers fight are created by the Avengers. It's the logical extension of the Hydra movement hatched in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. In the latest Avengers, it is Ultron, an AI built by Tony Stark, that goes rogue, and wants to rush in the age of the machines (like that plot hasn't been done before).

As to be expected, the movie is action packed; corny one liners, generally unbelievable physics and weird geography errors (we go from a rusting shipyard to Johannesburg in the same scene sequence). It is a fun movie, but the movies have become formulaic. Brainless entertainment, can still be entertaining though!

No comments: