About Me

I ramble about a number of things - but travel experiences, movies and music feature prominently. See my label cloud for a better idea. All comnments and opinions on this blog are my own, and do not in any way reflect the opinions/position of my employer (past/current/future).

22 April 2009

Death Valley Blues Band and LA Cobra

I have been to a few gigs since I came back from my holiday, but last nights gig at Roxy was one of the liveliest I have been to. Much of that can be ascribed to the Death Valley Blues Band, who certainly don't play sad blues - but rather a combination of Ska, Rock, Metal and Blues. A really impressive combination, and some really great songs.

LA Cobra, describe themselves as "glam rockers" styling their music and looks after 80's bands like Guns n Roses (complete with the whiney voice). Unfortunatley, both lyrically and musically, I don't think they really make the cut.

The crap part was the sound mixing - absolutely terrible. There was another band (Havoc Vultures), but the sound mixing had degenerated even further (maybe it had to do something with it being behind the bad) and decided to head home. But, I would really like to see the Death Valley Blues Band again.

1 comment:

Kevin S Flee said...

Many thanks for the comments dude - we like to play and hope to see you again too.

Kevin S Flee
The Death Valley Blues Band